I am a psychotherapist who has been practicing clinical work for nearly two decades and I am passionate about helping people.
Many people have tried therapy and experienced only partial or no relief. I view the individual holistically, as in mind/body/spirit. Each person is unique and there is no one-size-fits-all model, protocol, or approach, so therapy has to be tailored to the individual, which is done through attunement and creating a relationship of safety and trust. I help clients find empowerment by building trust, evaluating their needs, and finding what works best. The information I gather about the person informs the direction and course of treatment.
There are many ways to facilitate change, and as a therapist I draw from many skill sets. In addition to being trained in the traditional forms of psychotherapy such as working with individuals, couples, families, and groups, I hold certifications in the following methods:
- EMDR, including the Feeling State Addiction protocol and Migraine protocol.
- Brainspotting — which uses focused eye position and evolved from EMDR.
- The Comprehensive Resource Model — which uses focused eye position and much more; it’s great for unresolved attachment issues and dissociative problems.
- Tong Ren Energy Therapy — this can aid the body’s natural self-healing mechanisms and augment the other therapy processes when they become stuck.
- Repair and Reattachment Grief Therapy — a new way to help the bereaved.
My creative use of these innovative approaches is what makes me an explorer with my client. I apply these modalities to a wide range of problems. Like a chef who selectively chooses ingredients for a flavorful outcome, I draw from my cupboard of skills. I don’t use my tools in a scripted fashion, I mix them into the work as needed.
I invite you to view my website and contact me so we can have a conversation to see if we will be a good fit together.